Senior Mechanical Engineer
Articares – Singapore
ABOUT THE ROLE
ARTICARES is a Singapore headquartered fast growing healthcare company, with teams in China, Pakistan, India, and Germany, that develops solutions for ageing-in-place and for assessment and movement therapy. This is achieved by designing interactive state-of-the-art user-friendly robotic technologies for home, community, and hospital-based use. Our solutions are outcome of strong collaborations between experts in medical and engineering fields, validated by clinical studies and made available by people who care about making every step of the recovery journey easier.
Joining Us, you will be directly involved in the development of innovative solutions in a fast-growing industry sector as well as grow by playing a key role in the development of rehabilitation and assistive robotics solutions. We empower team members to be the designer of their own career path by providing exposure to variety of functions and experiences in addition to opportunities for further self-development and upskilling. We are looking for an exceptional candidate who, will not only be instrumental at ARTICARES’ success, but also wishes to join a young, innovative team that supports each other at every step. In joining ARTICARES family, we guarantee an exhilarating experience where you upskill and push your own boundaries to take-off on a speedy upward career trajectory.
- Invaluable active role in the entire development life cycle of robotic medical devices.
- Translations of requirements/concept designs to Front-End Engineering Design (FEED), detailed engineering design, design for manufacturability (DFM), design for assembly (DFA), prototypes, FAs, and production of robotic medical devices.
- Kinematics/motion analyses, finite element analyses, and proofs-of-concept (PoC) to verify FEED and detailed engineering design.
- In-house tests and characterizations to validate prototypes and FAs.
- Troubleshoot and maintenance of robotic systems.
- Coordinate a team of mechanical engineers as well as train them when required.
- Ensure meeting requirements, punctual deliverables, compliance with SoPs, and efficient developments.
- Document mechanical-related works.
- Collaborate with other teams such as electronics, firmware, and R&D.
- Liaise with prototyping house and contract manufacturers (CM) to ensure quality, punctuality, and readiness of prototypes and first articles (FA).
- At least bachelor’s degree in mechanical engineering, mechatronics, robotics, or related fields.
- At least five years’ experience in mechanical development life cycle.
- Experience in translating requirements/concept designs to production-ready designs and documents.
- Experience in converting surface/polysurface designs to solid designs.
- Proficient in parametric CAD modelling.
- Proficient in Geometric Dimensioning and Tolerancing (GD&T) of machining, soft moulding, and injection moulding.
- Proficient in CAE simulations in finite element and kinematic/motion analyses.
- Singapore citizen or Singapore Permanent Resident.
- Highly desirable, experience in:
- detailed engineering design for mass production using injection moulding.
- development of consumer electromechanical devices.
- ISO 13485 QMS.